
In my college days, I was inspired by the great documentary maker Late shri S. Sukhdev. Hence my interest towards cinematography initiated from then. My Uncle Late Ace Cameraman Shri Dwarka Diwecha ( Sholay fame) who was close to me told me once - " I will appoint u as my assistant under one condition that you should complete your diploma in Art, then you can become my fifth assistant". This shows how he gave importance to education. Those days he was shooting a Film called " Manoranjan".( Starring Sanjeev kumar, Zeenat aman).
As I finished my diploma I was excited to meet Dwarka uncle...I visited Siddhivinayak temple to seek ganesha's blessing, prayed for my bright future and my guru diwecha uncle's well being. But god had some other plans for me. I experienced a filmi situation..As I entered my home I saw Dwarka uncle's photo on T.V. Then later on someone told me that Dwarka uncle had expired the same morning..I was devastated.All the memories of him advising me to complete my education before cinematography crossed my mind.
That was the turning point.
After a month or so I met Diwecha aunty.She supported me and told-" I will fulfill your ambition". She introduced me to S.M Anwar and agreed to take me as his assistant cinematographer in Ramesh sippy's film 'Shaan'.
This is how my journey began in Bollywood......
No comments:
Post a Comment